Centrifugal Water Pumps
Centrifugal water pumps can be used for various applications such as:
- Water drainage from swimming pools, sumps, reservoirs etc
- Pumping water from rivers to a reservoir
- Removing flood waters.
The application is critical to the type of pump to be used. The size of the solid particles in the water will determine the type of pump that should be used, and the correct strainer for the purpose.
Do’s and Don’ts
- New pumps are shipped dry, check the oil before operation
- Never use a pump without a strainer, this can damage the impeller and internal parts.
- Always prime the pump before first operation.
- Never run the pump without water, this will damage the mechanical seal.
- Never pump chemicals or salt water with a standard centrifugal pump.